Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Know Enough

Last General Conference Elder Neil L. Anderson gave a talk entitled You Know Enough. In Only a few days after conference that talk became very important to me. Through a class I am taking at the local college I made a friend named Peter. He is returning to school due to injury. His son Jacob is 10 and has been asking him many questions about gospel things. His most recent question has been about baptism. Peter, knowing that I am a "religious person" mentioned it to me. I was short on time because I had institute right after class so I asked Peter to come to that with me saying after that I would have time. Knowing what institute was he decided to come. Peter was great in class. He even participated. After that we went to the library so we could talk to him about baptism. Thankfully I had my scriptures with me so that helped me answer his questions. After that though he had more questions. I was starting to feel slightly inadequate when the thought came to me "You don't know everything, but you know enough". That wonderful thought helped me to have the confidence as I did my best to listen to the spirit as I answered Peter's questions. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost that whispers and reminds of the words I need to hear and for church leaders who listen ahead of time so I can hear the words that I will need later.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Hello Beautiful. I love that story about Peter. Your post makes me want to go back and listen to it. Thanks for being such a good example....I got to vote, but I didn't realize we were the first on Dad's side....Yea for firsts!!(:

Letia said...

What an inspiring story! I love that gentle reminder that you received. I always think I don't know the right answers to missionary questions, but you are right, I know enough.

Roger said...

Nice story Clarissa - Happy Birthday for tomorrow - sorry to be early but I'll be away from the computer tomorrow.
Love Kim

Amber said...

Tommorow is your birthday. Since you are of on a birthday adventure tommorow I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love you beautiful and I hope you have a special wish in mind when you blow out your candles. Love you.

Becca said...

I sure enjoyed seeing you! Come visit more! Umm...and...uh...it was your birthday! How did I not know?!?! Happy late birthday!