Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Trip

Last weekend, as a birthday gift from Garn and AJ, I got to go to Utah and visit Grandma and Grandpa. It is always wonderful to see them. They are wonderful people that laugh, love, give, are wise, active, fun and giving. They even love visitors they have never met before which gives an extra welcoming feeling to their home. Grandma is almost always cooking something good and grandpa is often busy in the backyard, watching football, the news, helping Grandma or going to get something he or Grandma needs.
Ohhh football!1 I FINELY got to go to a BYU football game. It was even a home game. Of course I loved it. Football is wonderful to watch. Its even better when it is your favorite team. To top it off the crowd was active, my seat was on the front row and... we won! Naturally I tried to take some pictures. They are not very good because my camera would not go very fast and I was to into the moment of things when they happened to remember to hit the button. All the same I still got some and yes they will be going in my scrapbook.


On Sunday I went to sacrament meeting with a friend. He likes a girl in his ward. Due to my teasing nature I asked him if I could scratch his back. For those of you who don't know, scratching someones back in singles ward is claiming territory. Naturally he said no. I got a good inside laugh out of it. After that I went to Priesthood in Jake's ward with my local family. Jake was being set apart as an elder. I felt very privileged to get to go. Afterwards the man leading the meeting had them all stand up as the ladies left. There are about 100 of them so it was a little weird but very cool that they would all be so respectful. After that we went to Grandpa's and Grandma's house to eat and hang out. It was wonderful to see everyone. Here are a few more pictures.

2 comments:

Roger said...

It's nice to see come photos of you with your new haircut - you look lovely. Glad you had such a nice birthday.
xx

J. Paige said...

Cute haircut- I'm glad you had such a fun trip!