Sunday, July 20, 2008

Singles Activity

Last Friday my ward went on a temple/ diamonds back game trip. It was wonderful to go to the temple. I felt like I hadn't been in forever. The temple was busy so we had to wait an hour and a half. It gave me time to think about the people who had been waiting for their work to be done for hundreds of years. It defiantly helped me be patient. It was also nice to have the time to sit and think about heavenly things or read my scriptures. I need to go to the temple more often.

After we went to the temple we went to the D-backs game. There was a seat next to my friend Stace. A Jr. high boy came and sat by us for a bit and then left. A Friend, Sterling, asked us why we didn't get his number. I told Stace I didn't date high school boys while I was in high school and I wasn't going to start now. I am sad to say we lost by one point to the L.A. Doggers. I still had fun though. After the game they had fireworks. It was cool to see them so close. I had to plug my ears though. On the way home Stace asked if I was ever worried that I would get a divorce. I told her that there were times when I use to be but that I had learned a lot from my parent's divorce so I think I will be ok. She then asked me what I had learned. Some of the things she had thought of before. Other things she had never considered but was amazed at how much they made sense. At the end she thanked me then said she felt like she had just been to a fire side. My reply was something like "Oh yah, Lesson on marriage with Rissa who's never dated."
She thought it was funny but still thought my view points were good. It made me feel good about myself.

Next Sunday I get a calling. I don't know what it is yet but I know I'm getting one. If you can jinks yourself I'm probably am about to. I hope my calling isn't as a teacher, especially a Sunday School teacher. I am one of the youngest people in my ward. Every guy I have meet has been on a mission and more then half the girls have too. I just think we should learn from our elders. Then again the lord does like to make weak things strong and there is only so many callings in singles ward. I mean there is no primary, nursery, ym or yw. Well see how it goes. All I know is whatever it is I get to say yes and then learn.

No comments: