Monday, May 4, 2009

Slacker

So, I was supposed to blog about my conference trip. I know it is a little late but here goes.

IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!! I had a blast. I got to see my amazing grandparents, awesome cousins, my great sister and brother-in-law along with 2 of my best friends. I am so spoiled sometimes.
So what did I do with all these fun people in one of my favorite places in the world? We bowled, ate at the creamery (aw grapes, now I'm hungry. oh well, I'll be there soon enough), walked around BYU, got a few jamba juices, avoided the scrapbook stores (I didn't want to break my little bank), ate yummy food that Grandma made, played games, studied (WOW! Stacie is a super good influence. Oh, for those of you that didn't know she is the friend that drove up with David, Amber (and Sweat Pea), and Kourtney), watched General Conference and went to General Conference. Apart from that we talked and talked and talked.
I love my family. I am so privileged to be related to the wonderful people that I am. I learn so much from their examples and am lifted up from their spirits.

Some things that made the trip special.
-The trip down memory lane to when we would watch General Conference
in the tiny play room at Grandma and Grandpa's Mesa house.
-Getting to have scripture study with Grandma and Grandpa. They know
so much
-Going to General Conference as an extended family. It is always a special
experience to hear the prophets voice, especially when you can see him in
person. It is even better when you are surrounded by your family.
-Taking the picture of all of us cousins in front of the temple. It was a
reminder that my relationship with them gets to continue on for eternity.

3 comments:

J. Paige said...

Cute picture- you are blessed with so many wonderful cousins

Roger said...

What a great weekend - and that's a gorgeous photo.

Kourtney said...

You are amazing! And I absolutely love your blog and I am excited about the news I heard concerning this coming semester!