Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Singles Ward


I woke up early to ensure that I would not arrive late to my new ward. Amber volunteered to act as my personal assistant. Lucky for me she was also volunteering her wardrobe. Amber made me breakfast, straightened my hair, loaned me her larger/better makeup collection and found me jewelry to match. After she sprayed some perfume on me she wrote our address on a piece of paper and drove me to church. That's when the moths (butterflies aren't rude enough to make some one nervous) decided that sitting still was not acceptable, so they decided to walk around. I got out of the car. Amber said she would wait to make sure I had found the right ward for where I lived. As i walked through the door the moths began to spread there wings and take off. They took off one by one, in time with every step I toke. Lucky for me as i rounded the corner i saw a man coming out of a door. I squinted (I really had to, my visions gone bad despite my youth) at the sign, then sighed internally as I asked the Bishop if I was in the right ward. When we found out that i was some of the moths settled. He then proceeded to give me the papers for me to fill out, so he could get my records transferred. Some moths woke up at that. After I told Amber that I was in the right place, i made my way back in for sacrament. ThereI meet some girls including a recent convert from china, that for blogging purposes will be called YuJie. It was only her second Sunday, but she was kind enough to help me find all my classes.
Relief Society was great. I decided that i should jump in, so I volunteered to say the opening prayer. A lot of people were gone because it was a holiday weekend, but I think its safe to say that I am most likely the youngest person in my ward. In closing I would like to note that there were many plugs in the direction of "keep dating". I might of imagined some of them because I was expecting that. It made me laugh (thankfully not out loud).

No comments: