Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dealing With White

I love color!!! Color creates a happy, energized mood. I want it in my home. ALL OVER!!!!

Problem. I will not be living in one place for a LONG time. This means that I am destined to live with white walls. So whats a girl to do? Well I have noticed a trend in the Australian Blogs I read. Those Aussies are Brilliant when it comes to decorating with white walls. The walls may be white but everything else is full of color.



This is a picture (and the two bellow) I found over at Absolutely Beautiful things. she has a decorating store called Black and Spiro. It is located in Brisbane. The next time I go to Australia I want to stop over and have a look. One of the things that I love about this picture is that I can paint wall art like that and I have all the things to do it.


The blue shutters are a little much for me. I would paint them a different color, but you get the idea. Speaking of shutters my mom, sister and I have a plan for some shudders that are going to go in out homes. I think I have picked a color for mine.....I guess I should pick a home for it to be in too. Hmmmmmm. We will see.

4 comments:

Amber said...

You are getting closer to that home. Yea!!

Letia said...

I love color too! That's awesome that you can paint your own artwork.

Roger said...

I've been to Black & Spiro - it's near the city - sadly the store is not as much fun as the blog - still nice but not as good to my eyes.

Make that trip to Australia soon - there are lots of nice stores which would at least have different goodies to your stores.
xx

Roger said...

PS - sorry about our dollar though - I know it makes trips out here less likely from your end.