Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Unplanned Visit

On my way to AZ my tire went flat. This caused a three hour delay in my journey. As a result I was to tired to drive all the way so I stopped off at my cousin Kourtney's for the night. It was great to see her. This was great. I got there about midnight and we stayed up even latter unpacking her new apartment an talking. In the morning we did our hair and talked some more. Out of all the girl cousins that I have on my Mom's side Kourtney is closet to my age. I also got to spend allot of time with her growing up because we lived in the same city. In fact I saw her almost every day at one point. Kourtney has always been a great cousin to me. Sometimes when all of us girls were playing I would get locked out of the room. Kourtney always came and unlocked the door for me so I could play too. Now she is a great cousin to me for other reason. She has a great testimony and knows how to tackle life. She has a good attitude of just do it when it comes to the sometimes unpleasant things of life. It has always motivated me to get over my emotions and get things done.

Cousins make great friends because you get to keep them forever.

I love you Kort.

2 comments:

Kourtney said...

Oh if only you knew that your car broke down because I needed someone to help remind me that I can do this moving out and starting school stuff. You are so amazing and I am seriously SO grateful you came! You were to best house-warming gift EVER!! Love you!

Rissa said...

YEA! I have neer been gifted before.